Maintaining fresh, clean water is a vital aspect of keeping communities and individuals healthy. There are several factors that may cause water quality to decline in a municipal system. When problems in a water supply occur, AOS Treatment Solutions can offer innovative and flexible groundwater treatment solutions. We have specialized in water treatment since 1999 and, through meticulous testing procedures and the development of optimum treatment programs, we can provide a range of groundwater treatment services and solutions to municipalities.
Addressing a Variety of Water Problems
There are several issues that can cause complications in municipal water supplies. Harmful pathogens, extensive corrosion, and excessive amounts of iron and manganese are all problems that can occur in a public water supply.
- Pathogens and Biofilm — Pathogens are anything that has the potential to cause disease. In the water supply, pathogens primarily consist of bacteria, viruses and sometimes fungi. Biofilm is most common in systems using chloramines for disinfection. It can cause taste and odor problems as well as making it difficult to maintain a chlorine residual.
- Corrosion — According to Scientific American, corrosive water in pipes can contribute to lead, cadmium and copper getting into the drinking water. Crumbling infrastructure may also contribute to corrosion problems.
- Iron and Manganese — These elements are particularly common in southeastern Texas. Iron and manganese can contribute to unpleasant tastes and odors, discoloration, and in some cases may promote the growth of bacteria.
- Miscellaneous — These types of problems can include nitrification and scale formation as well as discoloration of the water.
Providing a Wide Range of Groundwater Treatment Solutions
AOS Treatment Solutions conducts specific tests and meticulously analyzes each water problem in order to implement the most effective treatment solution.
- Iron and Manganese Control — Polyphosphate is used to sequester soluble iron and manganese to prevent the oxidation that causes discolored water. Phosphate treatments are tailored to each water source to provide the maximum benefit at the lowest effective dosage.
- Corrosion Control — Corrosion control can be managed through many different treatments. The water characteristics can be changed through pH and alkalinity adjustments, protective scale formations, or through the use of phosphate treatments. The cause and severity of the potential corrosion helps determine the most effective treatment.
- Disinfection — Disinfection involves preventing and removing biofilm and pathogens, such as bacteria and viruses, which may cause serious illness and disease. Either chlorine gas or liquid sodium hypochlorite (bleach) are often used in the disinfection process.
- Miscellaneous Treatment — Miscellaneous treatments may include chloramines, scale inhibitors, blended phosphates, and pH adjustments.
Experienced Groundwater Remediation & Treatment
AOS Treatment Solutions has the experience and knowledge to treat groundwater and surface water while providing a wide range of treatment solutions. We understand how to effectively treat the specific problems in each particular water supply. AOS Treatment Solutions will collect water samples and provide extensive tests using the best equipment and testing methods available. Contact AOS Treatment Solutions for successful and cost-effective groundwater treatment solutions.